Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Preventing Danger ~ Do More

Do bad things happen because those who can intervene do nothing?  
A friend posted the picture below on Facebook – immediately I thought about all the dogs out on the street alone, cold and hungry.  It breaks my heart to think about my how scared my four-legged babies would be out on the street.  I can’t imagine how lonely they would feel.  I often wonder if those left by their owners on the street ever missing hearing their owner’s voice or hugs.

Those that know me know I have a hummingbird brain.  My thoughts move quickly so while I was thinking about my four-legged babies I started thinking about how short life is - how little time we have to make an impact.
Then I got to thinking about the Texas police officer that was killed by a shooter yesterday.  My husband spent 28 years putting on a uniform and a badge to protect and serve.  He never left the house with saying I love you. I never let him walk out the door without a kiss.  I never worried that he wasn’t going to come home, but I knew any day he might not come home.


Brazos County Constable Brian Bachmann got up yesterday morning put on his badge and went to work. He and his family never expected yesterday to be the last time they would see him, hug him, or hear his voice.
Over the last several weeks innocent people have lost their lives due to dangerous people.  Could the shooters in Aurora, Colorado, Oak Creek, Wisconsin, & Bryan, Texas have been stopped if someone had done something?  Did these shooting occur not because of evil but because of those who look on do nothing? Did someone see these shooters as disturbed, angry, depressed, suicidal or homicidal and do nothing?

Can we do more?
Can I do more?
~ Connie ~

1 comment:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Very moving post, Connie. Well said. laurie