Monday, July 08, 2013

Weekly Roundup ~ Sad and Blessed

It has been a few weeks sine I had time to share my thoughts - Life has been extremely busy, with work, school, more work, planning a community wide health clinic and keeping the free health clinic running.  There has been no time for sitting and thinking, or sharing my thoughts.
 
I have given up my part-time job.  No more teaching nursing online - I will miss the students, but I need the time.  Someone once said if something was easy -everyone would do it.  I truly believe that when it comes to running and becoming a nurse practitioner.  I had no clue 3 years ago, when a friend said "let's go back to school and be nurse practitioners"  how much time I was going to be spending reading about diseases and medications.  Just 5 more months  - staying focused.  I can do this.


 
As for running - just when I think I have a few minutes to add short runs to my schedule I get sick. The Big Man and I have had a stomach bug for 9 days - the only running in my world is to the bathroom.  To help me stay motivated about my running I signed up for a half marathon later in the year - not saying which one, just saying I did.  It is scary for me to admit I signed up for a half-marathon, what if I do not get to train, what if I do not finish, what if I fail...everyone will know.  Well it is out there - you all know, I signed up for a half marathon!
 

As I write this post, I am sitting here with a heavy heart - I young man who was special to me was murdered last night.  I can not help but wonder why? I know it is not our place to question, but I still sit here and wonder why?  This young man could have been my son. 

 By the grace of God I can only imagine the pain his family is experiencing.  I did realize today I can not tell my children enough how much I love them.  They are not perfect - but they are loves of my life. 

My Boys
My Ditty and her fellow
My Blondie
The King and his Mini Me
Each of them have grown into unique individuals. They are good people who know what it means to work hard. They understand the importance of giving and living life to its fullest.
 My heart is sad - but thankful for the blessings I have.
~ Connie ~

No comments: