Sunday, January 16, 2011

Order of Priorities

A lazy Sunday for me – slept late and would have slept later except our boys felt the need to wake us up. Nothing like being woke up by two 27 (yes I said 27 not 7) year-old boys jumping on the end of the bed. Felt a little like old times.
Do you ever wonder why when something is important to you – you cannot find the motivation to get started. I say I do not run because of time issues but I do not think I am being honest with myself. I love running when I do it. I love the way I feel during and after a run. I know that others cannot run for me –

Robert McKain says “set priorities for your goals. A major part of successful living lies in the ability to put first things first. Indeed, the reason most major goals are not achieved is that we spend our time doing second things first.”

Joyce Meyer believes that “wisdom is choosing to do now what we will be happy with later:” That is not always easy because it may require us to sacrifice something we could easily have today for something better we can have tomorrow. For me the things I have today are sleep, time with my husband, or completing work.

There is no point in saying I do not have time for something, because I make time for whatever is important to me. If I am not doing something I can assume it is not a priority for me.

Why do I want running to be important for me? The benefits out-weigh the negatives. How do I make it a priority – Just do it. It is not hard. Keep it simple

 The four-legged children reading my blog
~ Clowie, MeMe, Clinnie and Paco Joe ~

No comments: