Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Ramblings Of A Not So Dedicated Runner

The ramblings of a not so dedicated runner – overslept today. I thought I would get at the least 20 minutes on the treadmill before work this morning – that did not happen. So, why not? I am the only person who has the ability to control my schedule and my behavior.


I found a saying the other day - “For many people, one of the most frustrating aspects of life is not being able to understand other people's behavior.” For me, one of the most frustrating aspects of life is not understanding my own behavior.

Why do I procrastinate – I am not lazy. I just get side tracked. Or do I? Maybe I am overwhelmed. Even as I try to contemplate my life and my actions or inactions the phone is ringing with issues from work.

Wow - Simplifying your life is not easy.

How do you prioritize? According to Stephen Covey “You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage - pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically - to say 'no' to other things. And the way to do that is by having a bigger 'yes' burning inside. The enemy of the 'best' is often the 'good.' ~

I was flipping through a magazine (Women’s Health) earlier today that said – 38% of women break their resolutions in a month or less. The biggest reason for not sticking with a resolution is a lack of motivation.

Ok – so I have completed all the research. I have downloaded Covey to the Nook . I have stroked the inner fire – I have found my bigger yes ~

I am focused, I am focused, I am focused – keep reading – watch me simplify (and run).

No comments: