Saturday, December 29, 2012

Chrissy is Safe Tonight

It was 27 degrees this morning and snowing - I decided today was the day for Chrissy's life to change.
  We dressed warmly and headed over to the abandoned house where Chrissy has been living.  As you can see from the picture above the garage door is locked open about a foot off the ground.  I laid on my belly partially under the door and called her - she didn't come.  Immediately I thought the cold must have finally got her.  The Big Man entered the house through the open front door.
~
Just as he opened the door she came out of the house into the garage.  She ran directly to me and licked me on the nose.  I scooped her up and headed to the truck.
 
She didn't fight, she didn't even struggle - it was like she just gave up.
We sat in the truck, while the Big Man searched the house for any puppies.
All the time I was holding her all I could think of is - How thankful I am that God has been with her. I promised her she will never spend another night cold, she will never be hungry again and I will do my best to keep her safe.
No puppies to be found - so we headed to see Dr. Cato (our family veterinarian).
 
She laid in my arms, occasionally looking out the window.
When we got to Dr. Cato's they asked for her name - Chrissy D. (December) Ash.
They asked what breed - who knows, list her as American.
She sat in my lap - patiently waiting for our turn to be seen.
Dr. Cato just smiled when he saw her - he did remind me that I have brought him dogs in worst shape. Considering Chrissy appears to have had a litter of puppies at some point (Dr. Cato doesn't think she is nursing) and there is no telling how long she has been on the street - her overall health is Good!
She is spending the night with Dr. Cato - I will pick her up before Church in the morning. She needed a bath and some treatment for her skin before I bring her home to meet the Ash Four-Legged Family
~
I am not sure yet what the future holds for our girl ~ I am hoping I can find her a fur-ever home where she can be the queen. This girl deserves a new and better life.
Check back tomorrow - I will tell you about my first trip to the Duck Pit (and no it isn't a restaurant).
~ Connie ~
 
 
 
 

No comments: