Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fur-Children Are Great Teachers

For those of you who don’t know, after raising 6 adult children I have become the proud mother to 13 four-legged fur-children.  Each is very special to me and my husband.  They are all rescues. 
 
What does it mean to be a rescue – it means that as some point in their life, their person decided they couldn’t or wouldn’t keep them.   Being rescued,  to a four-legged child, means never being alone, hungry, or scared.
Life has become more interesting since they came to live with us.  There is always puppy kisses to be had, tails wagging and of course a few blankets to wash and puppy hair to vacuum, but I wouldn’t change a thing.
After a long day at work (hospital) I was grading discussion questions (online teaching) when I started watching the “little kids” playing.  The little kids include MeMe, Paco Joe, Clinnie, Clowie, Sir Duke and Shasha Grace (160lb Mastiff – she doesn’t realize she isn’t a Chihuahua).  
They play hard – they love hard. 
 
I am thinking I need to remember what my four-legged fur-children have taught me.
~ Connie ~
 

No comments: