Monday, April 29, 2013

Everyday Life - Weekly Wrap-Up

Weekly Wrap-up. 
First let me say - Life is Great
This past week was busy. Tuesday I drove to Mayfield Kentucky to meet with the Delta Regional Authority and the Army Medical Reserves.  My Hometown, Blytheville, Arkansas will be the site for a free medical mission in August.  The Army Medical Reserves will be providing medical, dental, optometry and maybe veterinarian services for nine days.  I am really excited about the opportunity for my community.   I am not sure how I got involved, actually how I got to be the coordinator of the project....but God must think I am capable. 
We spent the weekend in Texas visiting my Dad. My Dad did not know the kids (grandchildren) were coming.  My Son totally surprised him.
He had not seen King Jax (his great grandson) or his dad in 4 years.
 The trip was exhausting we drove 1200 miles in 3 days.  Just when I started to feel exhausted and put out with people (because I was tired) I realized I did not have anything to be grumpy about.
On the drive to Texas it rained on us for 5 hours - but God protected us and we arrived safely.
The clerk at the hotel was a great resource - she helped me find food for 17.
The Cracker Barrel staff was very helpful - the oldest son left his sunglasses in the restaurant 2 hours away - they are going to mail them to him.
I am truly blessed - I need to remember daily to say thank you for all of my blessings.
I hope each of you have a great week
~ Connie ~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: