Friday, April 26, 2013

Posting from Texas

This has been a record year for me to see my Dad - two trips to Texas in 12 weeks.  It 500 miles from my house to my Dad's house.  Today we made the trip with my son and grandson.
It rained and rained while driving through Arkansas.  The sun finally started shinning in when we entered Texas.  Rain or sunshine - King Jax (Grandson) did kept himself busy with his iPad. Thankfully his Buddy Ben packed Jax snacks for the trip. He is a growing boy.
My Dad did not know that the kids and grandchildren were going to make the trip. We met Dad (Pee Paw) at 1 of 2 restaurants in Jewett Texas.  He was speechless when he saw the boys.
Pee Paw still doesn't know that my daughter and youngest son are driving all night to get to Texas.
Tomorrow is the Thompson family reunion. It has been 30 years since I attended a family reunion - I am betting tomorrow there is one proud 85 year-old Daddy/Pee Paw when he has his "girls" (me and my sisters) with him at the family reunion.
Family - you got to love them.
Check back to see more of our trip to Texas this weekend.
~ Connie ~
P.S.  I really need a run after being in the car for 10 hours.
 
 
 

No comments: