Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up - Tragedy Happens

This week started out just like any other week in our home - calendar reviewed. Plans made for a couple of meetings and my clinical hours.  Monday started like any other day- but tragedy stuck Monday.  We lost a four-legged baby - Paco Joe.  

I have cried off and on all week - today I thought I was better, till one of the neighbors asked about him...the lost and hurt came flooding back.  I know it will get better with time, I miss this little guy.

 
 Paco Joe was a rescue, the city animal control officer called and asked us to take him, since no one could touch him.  We do not know much about his life before us - except that he was found in the backyard with 3 pit bulls - he bit the animal control officer who was there to rescue him.  At some point in his life he front shoulder had been injured, he ran with a beg-leg.

On the day we picked him up I had to wrap him in a towel to keep him from biting me. We laughing referred to him as our autistic son, he did not want anyone to pet him. At times he would get so mad if you tried to pick him up or another dog came near him, he would have an anxiety attack.
With all of his issues - we were his family.  When I sat on the cough he would lay on the back of the couch and nestle in my hair, of course if I tried to pet him he would growl and nip at me.
Life is fragile - be sure to tell those you love how you feel, hug you babies (two or four-legged).
I know Paco Joe is running free in Heaven
Praying everyone has a great week
~ Connie ~
 
 

4 comments:

Jamie said...

So sorry for your loss! Fur kids are so important.

staceymorgan573@gmail.com said...

At least he experienced a little love here on this Earth before he left. He will be waiting to finally let you pet him when you meet again.

https://scrapbookwife.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you - I know he is running free without pain or fear - but I sure miss the little guy.

Rebekah said...

Our last 4legged baby to pass away was very hard to deal with. I still miss her and it's been 14 years.

Live like someone left the gate open! I like this - left the gate open to...blessings, joy, redemption, heaven! Thanks for the post and thanks for visiting and commenting on ohbeloved.blogspot.com