Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hashtag #urbanfarmer

I had the clinic block my Friday afternoon schedule last week, so I could come home early - it has been a really long week with a couple of nights consisting of four hours of sleep and I am on call tonight and Saturday.  So how does a girl in Northeast Arkansas spend time on a Friday afternoon - of course, enjoying her yard and sitting in the chicken yard, admiring her girls and teaching them to eat scratch out of a cup.
I was sitting there I got to thinking about sharing some awesome pictures of my chickens with my social media friends.  This thought then lead to me thinking about hashtags.  I  recently started using hashtags on facebook, twitter, and intsagram.  A hashtag is a type of label or metadata tag used on social network and microblogging services which makes it easier for users to find messages with a specific theme or content.

I almost always use the hasttage #scrapbookwife, which is easy to understand.  I enjoy spending time preserving our families life in scrapbooks.  Recently I started using the hashtag #urbanfarmer. 
As I was thinking about using the hashtag #urbanfarmer I started to questions myself  - am I really an urban framer?  What is an urban farmer?  

I do own a tractor and almost 3 acres of land???

I googled the term urban farm and found there isn't a consistent definition of an urban farm. So I will define my own little urban farm - Connie's space to grow fresh vegetables and house a few fathered and furry friends.  
All of this to say - I feel better about using the hashtag #urbanfarmer  
Do you ever have trouble defining who you are? Are adequately stating what you are doing?
~ Connie ~

1 comment:

DiningWithDebbie said...

Connie,
I need your correct FB and Twitter info for the ARWB roster. Would you email that to me please. Debbie. Diningwithdebbieblog. AT gmail. DOT com. Thanks a bunch!