Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Urban Farming and Chicken Mites

This past weekend my Dad who is 87 years old and in the middle stages of vascular dementia comes in and announces, your chickens have mites... Yikes!!! I tell myself ok stay calm you were president of the 4-H club, you fetched your own eggs as a child for breakfast, damn you can run a code and save a human life...surely you can save six little hens from mites.
Umm  what is a mite? where did my chickens pick up these little bugs, they haven't been out of their yard...it isn't like your children is exposed to day care issues.

Off to Google I go - wow there are a million links to read on chicken mites.  But I settled on one, The Chicken Chick - "Poultry Lice and Mites Identification and Treatment


The doggies also got treats and fly spray. 

I am not sure what we did on Sunday afternoons before Tractor Supply came to town.


No comments: