Sunday, August 28, 2016

Be Good To Me Saturday Craft Time

As part of my "be good to me" routine, I spent Saturday crafting. I started with a little sewing.  A friend need a few burp cloths for a baby shower, so I whipped these up in just a couple of hours.  I was a little frustrated at first, my embroidery machine and sewing machine both must have liked being on vacation because neither wanted to work...but with a little prayer and persuasion the sewing machine decided to cooperate. 
Baby Burp Cloths 
Then it was nap-time.  Honey Bunny and I took a short 15 minute nap. It was the best sleep, a quite house and Honey snoring. Rescue dogs can teach us all about life we just listen. Nap-time and cuddles are blessings 
Rescue Dog Resting 
 Looking over my schedule, I realized I had volunteered for flowers this week at church.  So instead of frantically calling a florist, I made a quick run to Walmart and bought flowers.
It look took an hour to put this piece together.  It felt great to be creative.
Creative Saturday Flowers 
 It felt so good to be creative I just kept working I finished up a curtain for the den.  I have had this fabric cut out and ready to go for weeks.  
Saturday - I get to be creative and I also got to check a project off my to-do list. 
Curtain for the Den 
What did you do this weekend to be creative?  What did you do to "be good to you"?
~ Connie Kay A ~


No comments: