Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tasty Tuesday - No Meat for Me

Today is my 18th Wedding Anniversary - It is hard to believe that I have been married to my best friend for 18 years.  We are very opposite - I am short, he is tall.  I love to run, he hates to run. I love animals, he likes animals. I am quick to anger, he never gets mad.  I could argue with a rock, he will not argue. I like vegetables and he likes meat. 

Tonight the Big Man cooked dinner (I had a late medical staff meeting).  Steaks, green beans, and corn on the cob.  The steaks were cooked to perfection - the problem is..... I couldn't hardly stand to eat my steak after seeing calves headed to slaughter yesterday.

We were driving home from Gulf Shores, Alabama when we pulled up beside a cattle trailer with four little black calves - they looked like this little fellow. 

I got to thinking about how they would end up on someones table and started to cry - The Big Man knows how I am, he doesn't say a word, simple squeezes my hand and shakes his head. 

So, what do I do know????  Quit eating meat?  Live on Vegetables? Some people do.  Oh! why did I look those little fellows in the eye...

Now to spend time with the love of my life - the Big Man
~ Connie ~

No comments: